- For the similar magic technique in controlling ambient mana, see Mana Zone.
Over the centuries, the citizens of the Heart Kingdom have adapted to the country's strong natural mana and developed this unique magic technique to channel that mana into spells, increasing their strength and abilities. Since it uses natural mana, the technique is best suited to magic attributes that can be found in nature, such as the four major elements and plant-based attributes.
The user forms runes out of natural mana and arranges them to form instructions for their magic to follow, such as “pursue the target” or “grow bigger”. These arrangements can be applied directly to a spell or be formed into a larger magic circle. Simple instructions only require simple arrangements, but more complex designs can create more powerful spells and effects. At their peak, these arrays focus the mana of nature and generate the real element. For example, Lightning Magic becomes True Lightning Magic and generates real lightning.Mages of the Fifth Stage and below are too weak to form the runes properly, and only mages of the Third Stage or higher are skilled enough to use the technique in combat scenarios.
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 252 (p. 12-13).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 216 (p. 5) and Episode 121.
- ↑ Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 224 (p. 10) and Episode 128.
- ↑ Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 228 (p. 4-5) and Episode 129.
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Vol. 24 (p. 42), Assorted Questions Brigade
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 248 (p. 3-4).
- ↑ Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 226 (p. 1-5) and Episode 128.
- ↑ Black Clover Manga — Chapter 248 (p. 2).