Magic stones 「魔石 Maseki」 are eleven ancient magic jewels that can amplify magic power and can serve as multipliers for magic spells.
The magic stones are jewels that come in different shapes and sizes and have different patterns on them. The stones are capable of amplifying the magic power of the one who wields them, but they require the user to already have a high level of magic to use them safely. Therefore, elves and devils are the only ones who can use them to their fullest. The stones are connected to the underworld, and humans who use them risk incurring the curse, Weg, and losing their humanity.
After the Massacre of the Elf Tribe, Licht uses them to transform himself into a giant demon. Afterward, Secre Swallowtail uses them to seal away Zagred, who in turn uses the stones to suspend the souls of the elves so that they could reincarnate centuries later. Secre then uses the stones to turn Lemiel Silvamillion Clover into a statue.
The Eye of the Midnight Sun has been collecting these stones and placing them into the Tree of Life monument 「生命の樹の石碑 Seimei no Ki no Sekihi」. Julius Novachrono entrusts the Black Bull squad with recovering the stones.
Once the stone monument is complete, Patolli reincarnates the elves in the bodies of humans and intends to place the final stone in a pedestal within the Shadow Palace. However, Zagred takes the final stone and summons his own body from the underworld.
Under Nero's guidance, Finral Roulacase takes the stones in the sephirot and places them in the statue of Lemiel, who comes back to life. Most of the stones seem to disintegrate alongside Lemiel's body.
List of Known Stones
- Sosshi Village's Stone: This stone is square in shape with a pink color and a pattern of a crescent moon with three stars. This stone is the protective charm of Sosshi and is kept within a church until it is given to Asta for protecting them. Valtos later steals the stone from the Black Bulls base.
- Fuegoleon's Stone: This stone is triangular in shape with a red color and a pattern of a circle above a crescent with four spades connected. This stone is worn by Fuegoleon Vermillion until it is stolen by the Eye of the Midnight Sun.
- Seabed Temple's Stone: This stone is in ovular in shape with a blue color. The pattern of the stone has four circles in the center with the top two connected and the bottom two connect, on the sides are four circles with the circles closest to the center has lines to the other three. This stone is hidden at the Seabed Temple until it is given to the Black Bulls for winning the Temple Battle Royale and saving the temple's citizens. Julius keeps it on his person until Patolli steals it.
- Witch Queen's Stone: This stone is teardrop-shaped with a light purple color and an unknown pattern on the stone. This stone is worn by the Witch Queen until she gives it to Asta for the Clover Kingdom. Julius keeps it on his person until Patolli steals it.
- Yuno's Stone: This stone is smooth and circular in shape with a blue color and pattern of a gold cross and four pointed stars at each corner. This stone is given to Yuno after his father finds it in a Grand Magic Zone. Zagred steals the stone and uses it to summon his body from the underworld. Gueldre Poizot and Revchi Salik recover the stone, and it is eventually returned to Yuno.
- The design on the Tree of Life monument is the Sephiroth, the tree of life design from Kabbalah.
- In the manga, Licht has only ten of the magic stones during the wedding, whereas in the anime, Licht has all eleven.