This magic attribute allows the user to generate and manipulate darkness at will. The user is able to use this magic without the need of a grimoire. However, in order to use it to its full potential, specific spells are required, which are stored within grimoires.
Dark Magic has been described as the polar opposite of Light Magic, and one of the fundamental properties of this magic is that it has low speed and requires more time to cast spells. To combat this disadvantage, certain mages utilize Reinforcement Magic to channel Dark Magic through a weapon and increase their physical attributes. Another effect of Dark Magic is that it has the ability to absorb spells, namely from Light Magic, by creating small black holes or through dark spells cast at targets.
Since the power of the underworld is said to dwell in Dark Magic, it is one of the magic attributes necessary for growing the Tree of Qliphoth. Because of this underworld influence, it is an Arcane Stage magic and so is effective against devils and their magic and cannot be manipulated by Kotodama Magic.
- Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 47 (p. 7) and Episode 34.
- Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 50 (p. 4) and Episode 35.
- Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 49 (p. 18) and Episode 35.
- Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 49 (p. 3) and Episode 35.
- Black Clover Manga — Chapter 313 (p. 9).
- Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 246 (p. 7-9) and Episode 164.
- Black Clover Manga and Anime — Chapter 202 (p. 4-5) and Episode 117.